Sunday, May 9, 2010

Some Significant Progress....

Last week I finally completed my WebWeaver site! It's out there. However, I still have tweaking to do. The colors look awful on my Mac but good on my PC, especially a "weave" graphic I found to use as a content divider on each page. I matched colors in my logo to the graphic's colors in Photoshop but they are a far cry from anything resembling each other. My plan is to make the "weave" graphic a totally different color altogether. I also think the site lacks "pizazz". It's supposed to represent my abilities so this site really has to "pop"! I'm not a fan of web multimedia, Flash, etc. but I will continue to evolve the site as I continue to learn!

Last weekend also marked the completion of the HVAC site: The clients are pleased so far but will spend more time perusing all the product .pdfs, etc. and get back to me with any changes or additions. My goal was to make this site look "industrial" and have it very easy to navigate for end-users that are not technically savvy. I also made a point of trying to keep the .pdf files small so download times were quick. Spent some time submitting the site manually to Google and Yahoo. Also got a good analysis of the site from

A member of our HOA scanned a map of the community and thinks it would be good on the web site. I agree, but the map is of poor graphic quality so I am trying to get my hands on a better version, yet not too large a file. I'll be working on making either the scanned map or a better version available on the HOA website.

I'm ready for a (or some) new projects! Plan to advertise on craigslist this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment