Tuesday, March 30, 2010

WordPress

I've decided to start a new blog in WordPress to familiarize myself with the program. (I have a potential client who is interested in using it.) I signed up on wordpress.com last night and started a blog having to do with bible study. It's pretty easy to use but not as easy as Blogger. However, it looks like it has more options for customization, especially if you upgrade to more features (for $$). At WordPress.org, there's free software to download so I can host my own web server. Next on my list of things to do.....

Made some serious progress yesterday with the freeussery.com site. Waiting for more content from the client.
Signed up with PayPal to add a link on the CreatureCare web site to accept payments and credit cards online from clients. I'm not abe to use the fancy ad I created for craigslist. Someone keeps flagging it saying it's "too commercial". So I'm going with the plain text ad but I did add a hyperlink to the web site. Maybe I can sneak in my logo, too.
I keep changing the layout on the HOA web site to make it more efficient and streamlined. Many less-sophisticated users there so want to keep the bells & whistles to a minimum. I'm using "fly out" menus for some categories and I'm having some problems getting them just right.
I need to pick up the pace on the hardware site. I have great template now. I've been held back due to a lack of content about the business and its owners. I do have plenty of product info so will focus on that. Many, many .pdfs that I need to create links for in a pleasing fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment